The challenge involved with avoiding dairy is monumental at times since it seems it's nigh impossible to find anything truly tasty that doesn't have cow juice of some kind in it. Fortunately, it's made easier for Shellie when she recalls that she seems to have slain the little Dairy Demon that lived inside Izzy by starving it of its primary food source. The bad news is, just as the Dairy Demon was slain, the Teething Goblin showed up (that would be the Tooth Fairy's evil little cousin). Thankfully that particular beasty is easier to tame and takes a break once in a while.
This all means that we've really been able to see the sweet little girl Isabel really is and she's getting funner each day as we get to see her personality unfolding.
We've finally accepted that we are in need of the dreaded killer of all things manly...the mini-van.
We are selling our leased Rav 4 and buying a 2006 Toyota Sienna instead. Shellie is very excited about the switch and thinks it will be a better vehicle for our family. My responsible side agrees, but my manly side is screaming out at the loss of his little 4WD and is going to miss driving through 3 foot snow drifts. We should be able to take the van home on Monday, and should know by Tuesday when the memorial service will be held for my dead man-hood.
Isabel updates:
I laugh when you tickle me, talk silly, or play "this little piggy" on my toes.
I still hate car rides!
I've rolled over from my tummy to my back, and can sit up with just a little bit of help.
I love watching my brother and holding onto him any chance I get.
I watch mommy and daddy eat and can't wait until I can try doing it too!
I've seen great improvements in my training of Mommy & Daddy. They have realized that I deserve to be walked around and bounced in just the right way until I fall into a deep sleep. Of course I change the way I prefer to be held on a regular basis in order to keep them on their toes. If they are lucky, I'll stay asleep after they put me into bed but usually I prefer to wake up and make them start the process all over again. It's great to be a baby!
I'm a luscious 14 pounds now and still have adorable goddess-like rolls, and kissable dimples.
I'm still an expert barfer and make sure to aim for mommy's hair after she washes it....every time!
Progress is going better than expected with Operation Pinky Finger. Daddy is almost completely wrapped, I may have to pull out a giggle or two to finish the job.
The Red Bandit
Future hairstylist?
(Aiden is happy blow-drying Shellie's hair until long after it's dry, and is quite offended if she doesn't let him. That kid's got an amazing attention span!)
Aiden updates:
I'm 33.5 inches tall & weigh 26 lbs!
I love to colour and spend hours every day practicing.
I know all of my big & small abc's, can count to 11 (and sometimes 20), know my colours, and lots of shapes (even octagon!). I like to draw letters and numbers and sometimes you can even tell what they are... I'm good at drawing T's!
I still need Daddy to sit with me while I to go to sleep.
I love playing games on the computer when Mommy or Daddy let me.
I love cuddling my sister. We are now officially Pinky-Pals and Thumb-Buddies.
I'm 33.5 inches tall & weigh 26 lbs!
I love to colour and spend hours every day practicing.
I know all of my big & small abc's, can count to 11 (and sometimes 20), know my colours, and lots of shapes (even octagon!). I like to draw letters and numbers and sometimes you can even tell what they are... I'm good at drawing T's!
I still need Daddy to sit with me while I to go to sleep.
I love playing games on the computer when Mommy or Daddy let me.
I love cuddling my sister. We are now officially Pinky-Pals and Thumb-Buddies.
(Aiden is happy blow-drying Shellie's hair until long after it's dry, and is quite offended if she doesn't let him. That kid's got an amazing attention span!)
I love these updates. Please keep them coming!! They make me chuckle and at times laugh outright which makes my day go better. love you all.
ReplyDeleteI rather fancy the shirt Aiden's wearing :)
ReplyDelete