Poor little Isabel, at 11.5 weeks old, has been having very painful gas which results in what feels like an eternity of miserableness and intense crying. She is exclusively breastfeeding, and of course food sensitivities from something mommy is eating is always a concern. After taking most dairy out of my diet for a week Isabel seemed to be getting much better, but I had also taken a homeopathic remedy that could have helped her so I thought I'd go back onto dairy and see what happened. After just a few days of enjoying milk in my oatmeal, cream in my coffee, and cheese on my pizza, Isabel seems to be in worse pain than before, although happier than she used to be when she's not gassy. I think the homeopathic remedy I took last week helped balance her in many ways, but didn't affect her sensitivity to dairy in my diet. Since I LOVE the many pleasures that the humble cow gives us from her milk, I am doing another test to see how Izzy responds. Today is day 1.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
the dairy test - day 1
Poor little Isabel, at 11.5 weeks old, has been having very painful gas which results in what feels like an eternity of miserableness and intense crying. She is exclusively breastfeeding, and of course food sensitivities from something mommy is eating is always a concern. After taking most dairy out of my diet for a week Isabel seemed to be getting much better, but I had also taken a homeopathic remedy that could have helped her so I thought I'd go back onto dairy and see what happened. After just a few days of enjoying milk in my oatmeal, cream in my coffee, and cheese on my pizza, Isabel seems to be in worse pain than before, although happier than she used to be when she's not gassy. I think the homeopathic remedy I took last week helped balance her in many ways, but didn't affect her sensitivity to dairy in my diet. Since I LOVE the many pleasures that the humble cow gives us from her milk, I am doing another test to see how Izzy responds. Today is day 1.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
good luck, Shellie. could Isabel be lactose intolerant? just a thought. love you.
ReplyDeleteThankfully it's very rare for babies to be allergic to the lactose that is naturally occurring in their mom's milk, but proteins that get into the breastmilk from the mom drinking cow's milk can irritate them. I'm hoping if that's the problem that it won't last long. We'll see! :)
ReplyDelete