Well, I have survived 5 days of being dairy free with the exception of two mistakes...chocolate chips in home-made banana muffins, and a couple of handfuls of puffed cheese snacks. Oops!
Isabel still cries on and off during the day (she is a baby after all) but the very painful gas episodes have lessened. She used to be inconsolable while experiencing gas pains that could last over half an hour, multiple times a day, and most evenings. Although she still cries at times when she's gassy, she doesn't seem to be in as much pain and we are usually able to calm her by holding her in just the right way. Both Bruce and I still burn many calories while walking circuits around the house, and Isabel spends most of her day cuddled up to her Mommy in the baby wrap, but those seem to be needs that are independent to the issue that was causing her tummy pains. We are thankful for the change and I'm sure she is too!
I think it's safe to say that Isabel is sensitive to dairy in my diet, but at this point only time will tell. I do miss milk chocolate and cheese!
No comments:
Post a Comment