Why do people go pale and get defensive any time the words "personal accountability" are mentioned. I was sitting in 'Safety Stand-down' meeting at work the other day and piped up that safety is a matter of personal accountability. I had three or four different people get defensive and try to argue something about us all having to look out for one another. I guess they just missed the point, because part of looking out for one another is taking personal accountability for your own safety and not relying on or expecting others to keep you safe; this applies at work and home. But that isn't the only time I've seen people go all snaky at the mention of personal accountability, just the most recent and probably the only example I could give, it seems people these days are down right scared to accept responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that come of them.
Anyway, just some random thoughts, nothing exciting, funny or witty, maybe next time.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment